Round Britain 2012 Intro

ON 5th MAY I WILL BEGIN SAILING AROUND BRITAIN CLOCKWISE FROM PWLLHELI, RETURNING IN SEPTEMBER.
FRIENDS AND FAMILY WILL JOIN ME ALONG THE WAY AND WILL ADD THEIR EXPERIENCES TO THIS BLOG.

Monday 2 July 2012

Week 9 - Monday - Great News

Great news this morning - I have managed to secure passage up the Thames to St Katharine's Dock.

The Olympics has resulted in a navigation lock down of the Thames from the 15th July onwards. This causes all sorts of issues and I thought that I would have to miss going up to London on the 20th.

However, after a load of calls this morning, I have managed to secure a berth at St Katharine's dock (next to Tower Bridge) and a security pass to get past the Navy on the river!

Can't tell you how happy that makes me. Going up the Tyne was great and I am hoping that going up the Thames will be even better - although much more challenging from a pilotage point of view.

Good news for me but not so easy for Paul and Carol;  as it complicates their travel!
(I'll call you later Paul).

1 comment:

  1. I hate to break this to you but you have missed the Jubilee....no really good news, there is a great pub at the dock and a good curry house. Just don't start any security incidents that end up with you being impouned! BH

    ReplyDelete