Round Britain 2012 Intro

ON 5th MAY I WILL BEGIN SAILING AROUND BRITAIN CLOCKWISE FROM PWLLHELI, RETURNING IN SEPTEMBER.
FRIENDS AND FAMILY WILL JOIN ME ALONG THE WAY AND WILL ADD THEIR EXPERIENCES TO THIS BLOG.

Tuesday 3 July 2012

Week 9 - Tuesday - Taking care of business

While I have been away, Vanessa has had to keep normal life going, including doing the jobs that I usually do.

It is a sobering thought that she manages to do these as well her usual stuff. Either I don't do much (!) or she is much more efficient than me!

She has however left me a few things to do, possibly to make me still feel useful!

Today's job is clearing the jungle that has grown in the field next to us.

Clothes washing and drying is also in full swing. I introduced Abigail to the delights of the launderette yesterday; washing/drying my foulies and sleeping bag.

I taught her some launderette tips: e.g. Always ask a local for advice (which is the best machine) and use a dryer that is still warm! I have become an expert recently!

Launderette usage is a very sociable experience and I would recommend it to anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment