Round Britain 2012 Intro

ON 5th MAY I WILL BEGIN SAILING AROUND BRITAIN CLOCKWISE FROM PWLLHELI, RETURNING IN SEPTEMBER.
FRIENDS AND FAMILY WILL JOIN ME ALONG THE WAY AND WILL ADD THEIR EXPERIENCES TO THIS BLOG.

Friday 31 August 2012

Lost cause!!!

Well another stint over and what have we learned?
Since I was last with self styled "captain rusty" I have noticed some worrying trends. At first it was mildly amusing that he constantly refers to himself in the third person.,. Such as "captain rusty thinks or captain rusty wants or captain rusty needs" sadly this has become his standard modus operandi and I am slightly worried how he will reintegrate into normal society. It seems he can function well at sea, on land it is increasingly a struggle. Yesterday in tesco in Swansea where we had spent 30 mins we got to checkout, checkout lady asked for his club card , he looked at me, looked at lady in her tesco jumper and said "what shop are we in" the poor lady was a bit confused and started talking to me as if I was rusty's carer. I of course played along and we had A discussion that care in community is not really working!!!
So in summary, second great trip, really enjoyed it even the night sail from Padstow which was tough. At sea rusty is indeed captain, on land I pity Vanessa and kids having to reintegrate him to society,

Good luck for rest of trip, full of admiration for your achievement but time to become normal again.

Griff....

No comments:

Post a Comment