Round Britain 2012 Intro

ON 5th MAY I WILL BEGIN SAILING AROUND BRITAIN CLOCKWISE FROM PWLLHELI, RETURNING IN SEPTEMBER.
FRIENDS AND FAMILY WILL JOIN ME ALONG THE WAY AND WILL ADD THEIR EXPERIENCES TO THIS BLOG.

Friday 31 August 2012

Week 17 - Friday - Gower

Finally a lovely morning, and we have escaped Swansea.

Lovely though it was, another day there would have meant boredom and me having to get out the Harmonica........and nobody wants that to happen!

Swansea marina is massive and to leave you have to go through a swing bridge and 2 locks. It was feeling a bit like Peel on week 1 - and the Hotel California - you can check in but never leave!

Tenby is the target today and Griff will get the train home from there.

Then a few days on my own to start acting my age again (!), with Mom joining me for the last few days.

Her job is to make sure that I do go into Pwllheli on Friday rather than sailing off somewhere else!

1 comment:

  1. Well it maybe your 50th year but it has officially been the wetest Summer in 100 year! Please can we have better weather for your next challenge. BH

    ReplyDelete