Round Britain 2012 Intro

ON 5th MAY I WILL BEGIN SAILING AROUND BRITAIN CLOCKWISE FROM PWLLHELI, RETURNING IN SEPTEMBER.
FRIENDS AND FAMILY WILL JOIN ME ALONG THE WAY AND WILL ADD THEIR EXPERIENCES TO THIS BLOG.

Tuesday 7 August 2012

Week 14 - Tuesday - Eastbourne

I met Tony and Steve at Eastbourne station, then we went to the boat.

The only problem was that the boat wasn't where I left it! Not only that, the pontoon wasn't there either!

I thought that I had gone mad!

Turns out that someone had messed up the locking procedures which resulted in a mini tsunami smashing through the marina!

This resulted in the destruction of a number of pontoons. Can't imagine it really but apparently a number of boats were damaged.

I would not like to have been the guy who pushed the wrong button in the lock!

I was a bit concerned but fortunately Crusoe Too looks ok.

The guys had a reasonable first nights sleep but have now christened me 'Tommy Gun' due to the regularity and rapidity of my snoring!

Off to Brighton next - depending on the weather we will go this afternoon or tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. I am adding ear plugs to my shopping list right now! ......glad the boat is all OK. BH

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andy

    Are you still on schedule to be in Poole on the weekend? If so we will try and come over and say hello. Where will you be moored?

    ReplyDelete