Round Britain 2012 Intro

ON 5th MAY I WILL BEGIN SAILING AROUND BRITAIN CLOCKWISE FROM PWLLHELI, RETURNING IN SEPTEMBER.
FRIENDS AND FAMILY WILL JOIN ME ALONG THE WAY AND WILL ADD THEIR EXPERIENCES TO THIS BLOG.

Friday 22 June 2012

Killing Time

When stuck in port the second day is usually the hardest one - trying to find things to do.

Today was a good one though, as Frostie took Ben and I shooting.

Ben deserved a reward after his dad made him clean the heads on the boat yesterday. After a week of use by two middle aged men, it was not an enjoyable task!

We went up to the woods, using a picture of a tennis payer from the paper as a target.

We then proceeded to destroy it with a rifle and shotgun.

Can't say that I am much of a shot, but it was good fun and I fancied myself as John Wayne!

Frostie has been a great host as always, and I have been at his house doing my washing and drying out the boat cushions.

Peter J. arrives tomorrow, as we start the next leg, to end the week in Scarborough.

2 comments:

  1. This is the happiest I've seen you since you left! Perhaps you are a land lover after all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am I the only one to think that looks like one of those photos of the criminal on the news after some terrible shooting atrocity?

    ReplyDelete