Round Britain 2012 Intro

ON 5th MAY I WILL BEGIN SAILING AROUND BRITAIN CLOCKWISE FROM PWLLHELI, RETURNING IN SEPTEMBER.
FRIENDS AND FAMILY WILL JOIN ME ALONG THE WAY AND WILL ADD THEIR EXPERIENCES TO THIS BLOG.

Saturday 23 June 2012

Week 8 - Saturday - Eyemouth

This is my third day in Eyemouth and as always happens, I am just starting to get itchy feet.

Frostie has been great and looked after me brilliantly, but I am getting ready to start moving again.

As always, each weather forecast is keenly studied and all changes carefully digested.

My ideal plan would be to leave tomorrow morning, but it is looking marginal at the moment.

This constant uncertainty is the hardest part of the trip for me. Although shore leave is always fun, I look forward to getting back to sea and making progress.

Each morning I have met up with Frostie and Ben and then we have breakfast. This is followed by some sort of activity in the morning, then lunch.

Afternoons have been spent chatting, watching the huge variety of birds in the garden, then my customary afternoon snooze! A trip to the Pub then evening meal and back to the boat.

Frostie offers me his spare bed each night, but I like to get back to Crusoe Too to check that all is well.

We pick up Peter later and do the shopping. Fingers crossed for good weather tomorrow.

I enclose a picture of a woodpecker from Frostie's garden. Lesser Spotted I think but could be Greater Spotted. Any views?

1 comment:

  1. Try the watchtower built.to guard against the body snatchers. So much for Wikipedia. Better cover up the bruise though

    ReplyDelete