Round Britain 2012 Intro

ON 5th MAY I WILL BEGIN SAILING AROUND BRITAIN CLOCKWISE FROM PWLLHELI, RETURNING IN SEPTEMBER.
FRIENDS AND FAMILY WILL JOIN ME ALONG THE WAY AND WILL ADD THEIR EXPERIENCES TO THIS BLOG.

Friday 29 June 2012

Week 8 - Friday - Scarborough

Yesterday we had a touristy day, catching the bus to Scarborough via Robin Hood Bay.

Before we left we had to move the boat, into a berth where it will remain for the next week. This time I managed to bring Peter with me!

Scarborough is a bit more tacky than Whitby, but none the less an interesting town. Some huge Victorian buildings as well as some 'kiss me quick.......' type shops and a fair.

As always, I spent my time sizing up the marina and making mental notes about the entrance and places to berth!

Robin Hood Bay is very pretty, accessed by a very steep hill. Scarborough was also hilly, especially as we climbed to the castle.

One of the things about being on a boat for extended periods is that your leg muscles waste. This is because they get very little use on the boat. My thighs and Achilles tendons were killing me as we climbed yesterday. Embarrassing as we were passed by grannies and people with walking sticks!

Also embarrassing because Peter and I get the feeling that people here have started to think of us as a couple!

Whether it has been messing around in the Pipe shop or doing our shopping, people have been giving us a knowing look! Things are probably not helped by me wearing my vest and Peter wearing a pink shirt. Can't say that it bothers us, but local opinion will probably change once Vanessa and Meg arrive later today.








1 comment:

  1. I am going to call the fashion police! BH

    ReplyDelete