Round Britain 2012 Intro

ON 5th MAY I WILL BEGIN SAILING AROUND BRITAIN CLOCKWISE FROM PWLLHELI, RETURNING IN SEPTEMBER.
FRIENDS AND FAMILY WILL JOIN ME ALONG THE WAY AND WILL ADD THEIR EXPERIENCES TO THIS BLOG.

Saturday 30 June 2012

Week 8 - Saturday - End of Part 1

I now have a planned week away from the boat, to go home and check that my family still recognise me!

Meg and Vanessa came over to Whitby yesterday and are taking us back to Manchester today.

As a treat we made them a 3 course meal on the boat last night. My plan was to create a culinary masterpiece, using up some of the vast quantities of food that we have left over on Crusoe Too.

My menu was: a pilchard starter, followed by tinned haggis curry, smash and beans, with an out of date Soreen pudding to follow!

For some reason Peter was not so keen, so he cooked up a great meal for the girls, using fresh ingredients. We also impressed them with serviettes, candles and table decorations!

The boat will now sit in Whitby until I return next weekend with my mum and Tom for the next leg.

We decided to stay in Whitby as it is a nicer marina location than Scarborough - the original destination for this week.

The last job is to give Crusoe Too a thorough clean this morning. The girls seem reluctant to help (!) so it is down to Peter and I.

It feels a little strange to be leaving the boat, but I am sure that the nice people here will look after her.

I will keep the blog going while I am at home and normal service will be resumed next weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment