Round Britain 2012 Intro

ON 5th MAY I WILL BEGIN SAILING AROUND BRITAIN CLOCKWISE FROM PWLLHELI, RETURNING IN SEPTEMBER.
FRIENDS AND FAMILY WILL JOIN ME ALONG THE WAY AND WILL ADD THEIR EXPERIENCES TO THIS BLOG.

Wednesday 6 June 2012

Week 5 - Wednesday - inverie

Yesterday was a great day, with brilliant scenery and wildlife.

We spent last night at the Old Forge in Loch Nevis - the most remote pub in mainland Britain.

I had a plate of huge langoustines which I ate in the most inexpert way possible - spraying everyone who sat by me!

We have started meeting the same people in various places now, recognising each other by boat names.
'I say, weren't you in Oban last week.......ah, thought so'

Lots of war stories swapped and tips given on places to visit. I picked up some good advice about East Anglia for example.

Griff and I then made a dash for the dinghy, dodging rain and midges. A couple of verses of 'donald were's your trousers' on the way back to the boat and bed!

Heading south today after a bad weather forecast for Friday.

1 comment:

  1. ....since you mentioned meeting up with the same boats....on the ferry (and bus) back to Lochgilphead one of the other boats crew in Oban told me the the (light blue) boat in the sling at the end of our pontoon had hit a rock the previous day - chunk out of the keel and fracture where it joins the hull, resulting in it shipping water in (a gallon a minute, but that can't be right!!!!) He said he thought it was stange how fast they were coming into the marina !! Turns out the boat was from Pwellheli - I wonder if it was the guys moaning about the fees we met in Port Ellen ?!....Anyway thanks for a great week. I would have posted earlier but I've no connection in deepest darkest St Ives. Mark C.

    ReplyDelete