Round Britain 2012 Intro

ON 5th MAY I WILL BEGIN SAILING AROUND BRITAIN CLOCKWISE FROM PWLLHELI, RETURNING IN SEPTEMBER.
FRIENDS AND FAMILY WILL JOIN ME ALONG THE WAY AND WILL ADD THEIR EXPERIENCES TO THIS BLOG.

Monday 25 June 2012

Week 8 - Monday - Amble

Early night, we went to bed as soon as the final Italian penalty went in!

We are planning to go up the Tyne today and moor somewhere near Newcastle. We will do some sightseeing and meet the locals.

I have spoken to lots of Scots over the
last few weeks and often had trouble understanding their accent. However the most difficult conversation that I had was with some Geordie fishermen. I really had no idea what they were saying and they must have thought me mad, as my answers bore no relation to their questions!

We are trying to use up some of the food in the cupboards this week. Much of it has travelled with me for 8 weeks!

Today's photo was taken by Frostie as we left Eyemouth yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment