Round Britain 2012 Intro

ON 5th MAY I WILL BEGIN SAILING AROUND BRITAIN CLOCKWISE FROM PWLLHELI, RETURNING IN SEPTEMBER.
FRIENDS AND FAMILY WILL JOIN ME ALONG THE WAY AND WILL ADD THEIR EXPERIENCES TO THIS BLOG.

Friday 1 June 2012

Week 5 - Saturday - Changeover

At the end of each week is Changeover day i.e. the day when one shipmate leaves and another joins.

This usually allows me some time on my own. I enjoy everyone's company, but it is nice to have a bit of time to chill out each week.

Changeover this week has a bigger gap, as Mark C. is off to Cornwall today and so had to get home on Friday. I dropped him off in Oban yesterday and he had to get the bus back to his car.

It was then back to Mull to wait for Griff to arrive this afternoon.

This allowed me the first chance to sail on my own.

It was a great trip, 5 hours of singing badly to myself and being on my own with the boat.

This needed some preparation, as my autopilot it very unreliable, so I can only leave the cockpit for very short periods.

So before leaving I collected together a bag of food, bottled water, tea bags, tea whitener, soup, a flask of hot water and a bucket.

Why a bucket; well after drinking all that fluid, and not being able to leave the cockpit.................I'll let you work it out!

I will miss Mark as he had become the self styled 'bus driver!' We motored for many hours last week, which I am getting a bit bored of. The great thing about Mark is that he is happy to helm for hour after hour with no break. I shall have to give Griff 'bus driving' lessons if we get no wind this week!

A day of cleaning awaits!

No comments:

Post a Comment