Round Britain 2012 Intro

ON 5th MAY I WILL BEGIN SAILING AROUND BRITAIN CLOCKWISE FROM PWLLHELI, RETURNING IN SEPTEMBER.
FRIENDS AND FAMILY WILL JOIN ME ALONG THE WAY AND WILL ADD THEIR EXPERIENCES TO THIS BLOG.

Sunday 13 May 2012

Kirkcudbright (Day 2) Sunday

We have just agreed on the correct spelling of this place - Kirkcudbright - in spite of Andy's protests

Lazy evening yesterday visiting K's happening night spots, sorry spot,  followed by an early night at 10:15.  Mind you, the chicken Caledonia (haggis stuffed with chicken, or maybe it was the other way round) was very good.  Stayed in port today catching up on jobs.  Andy has kindly given me what he tells me are the top jobs on the boat including emptying the bilges.  Lovely.

Wind very strong and now it is raining.  Weather doesn't look too good for tomorrow at this point ... that's why it's called a depression.  This is us moored on the pontoon.

Thanks to Rob and Paul for delivering Andy here in time.  I'll look after him for you Paul W and I'll warm up your bed.  Many thanks to Kevan and Bethan for bringing me down here.

No comments:

Post a Comment