Round Britain 2012 Intro

ON 5th MAY I WILL BEGIN SAILING AROUND BRITAIN CLOCKWISE FROM PWLLHELI, RETURNING IN SEPTEMBER.
FRIENDS AND FAMILY WILL JOIN ME ALONG THE WAY AND WILL ADD THEIR EXPERIENCES TO THIS BLOG.

Saturday 26 May 2012

Week 4 - Saturday - Crinan

Well I am on my own today, waiting for Mark Charlesworth to arrive at tea time. Paul headed back last night, so I am hoping that he arrived safely.

Big day - Vanessa's birthday. Happy Birthday and I hope that Abigail has remembered where I left the presents for you!

It's a day of jobs for me and hopefully I will also manage to fit in a bike ride. Need to clean the boat, take on water, repair the locker hinges and clean out the bilges (yet again!). Have given up trying to find the freshwater leak!

The one job that I did manage yesterday was to get my washing done. There is a boat yard here which has a washing machine and drier in a shed around the back of the buildings.

I took my washing there yesterday while Paul had gone to pick up his car. As there was no one around, I decided that I could also wash the pants and shirt that I was wearing (and just put my shorts on). I stripped off just as a two ladies came round the corner - what are the chances of that happening at the back of a boatyard! Not sure who was most shocked - me or them. I tried to act nonchalantly, while they just said hello and walked on. Not much to see here I guess!

I have just had breakfast and have hit on yet another way of saving on washing up and pans. I have found that you can boil eggs in the kettle. Easy to get them in but not so easy to get them out again!

We will be off to Islay and Jura tomorrow hopefully, but I suspect that this may be the last Blog for a while as we wont have internet connection.

Thank you for reading the Blog and I will update when I can.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Andy. If it's not raining and you still have a freshwater leak then it has to be the head, the sinks or the water tanks. Try putting some food colouring down the sinks.

    Paul

    ReplyDelete