Round Britain 2012 Intro

ON 5th MAY I WILL BEGIN SAILING AROUND BRITAIN CLOCKWISE FROM PWLLHELI, RETURNING IN SEPTEMBER.
FRIENDS AND FAMILY WILL JOIN ME ALONG THE WAY AND WILL ADD THEIR EXPERIENCES TO THIS BLOG.

Tuesday 22 May 2012

Week 3 - Tuesday - Kames to Upper Loch Fyne

Am in my bunk after an unusual night...... for the first time since I left Pwllheli, my sleeping bag was actually too hot! Warm temperatures are here for a while I hope.

In this lovely weather we are seeing Scotland at it's best. It really is a fantastic place for sailing, and we haven't even scratched the surface yet.

We moored last night on a buoy belonging to the Kames hotel. We obviously popped across in the dinghy for a quick tot and to pay for use of the buoy. We bought some drinks and when I asked how much we owed for the mooring the barman said that the price of the drinks covered it!

Amazing. One thing for sure, we won't be getting any free mooring when we reach the South Coast!

Today's plan is to head up Loch Fyne and see how far we get before anchoring for the night. The famous restaurant is at the top, but we may not get that far.

Top priority this morning is to find some baby oil...........will tell you more later!

2 comments:

  1. Two questions - how much were the drinks?! And what on earth do you need baby oil for? In the interests of our marriage perhaps you should reply to me privately!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andy, I am well known on the South Coast....expect to pay double! BH

    ReplyDelete