Round Britain 2012 Intro

ON 5th MAY I WILL BEGIN SAILING AROUND BRITAIN CLOCKWISE FROM PWLLHELI, RETURNING IN SEPTEMBER.
FRIENDS AND FAMILY WILL JOIN ME ALONG THE WAY AND WILL ADD THEIR EXPERIENCES TO THIS BLOG.

Thursday 24 May 2012

Week 3 - Thursday - Crinan canal

Today's adventure was a trip along the Crinan canal; or to be accurate, half of the canal.

We stocked up with supplies before we left Ardrishaig and found a very nice man in a boatyard who sold us some washers for the engine. At last, no more diesel leaking under the engine!

As it is so hot here, we accepted the offer of the lock keepers to manage the gates (and do all the hard work!) - so we just had to hold the ropes as we went through 4 locks.

We made a pit stop next to a road so that I could get fuel from the petrol station. It did involve a precarious climb down a steep bank but I managed to avoid falling in the stream at the bottom! They were amused that I had a lifejacket on and were also kind enough to ignore the fact that I had not washed since Saturday!

Anyway I did everyone a favour and showered tonight!

Moored up in Cairn Baan and through the rest of the canal tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment